Sunday, February 19, 2017

Stop being careless since having more and spending more isn't happiness.

Stop being careless since having more and spending more isn't happiness. 

Why being rich isn't a road to happiness. I'll give you an example. I started making more money but when I did, the thing I noticed was I ended up spending even more money unnecessarily. While I was happy at first, once I started blowing my money carelessly the less I had in the bank. Therefore I became unhappy. As they say "more money more problems". 

I'm not saying don't make more money or strive to reach the top. I'm saying don't buy stuff and have buyer's remorse. This way you don't regret anything you bought just cause you felt like the need to have it for the time being. That particular item might give you temporary happiness at first, but that temporary happiness will run away few hours later or days later making you feel no longer happy nor creating any sense of value for the item as you first did. Same thing goes for drinking it will take the pain away temporarily, but will not clear your issues. Until and unless you face your problems and deal with them that is the only way you can take care of the problem. Running away is not a solution.

I think majority of the time when people are bored and have nothing better to do, people have a tendency to make bad choices and buy items to make themselves feel fulfilled. This is a mechanism that gives us something to do and an instant reward. I've seen this happen with friends and myself. When situations like this occur ask yourself. Do I really need this? You'll be surprised to find out that the answer will most of the time be no. Therefore you might tell yourself a lie and convince your self that you really do need this item, cause it will make you better in some shape or form, even though it's really not needed.

I asked myself, why is it that I or others buy compulsively at times? After analyzing more into this. The item it self is what gets us absorbed into it. This can be convincing by ads or trends that are must haves. Ads that are convincing enough to tell you why you must have this item. Also things you see everyone jumping on. These bandwagons cause consumer trends because you see friends, colleagues or family members with it and bragging about it. Remember trends are constantly changing.

My mom told me something at the grocery store today. She said you spend your money carelessly. She was correct, I honestly didn't stop to look at the price or think of the products I bought. I just picked what I like cause I knew I had enough cash to spend. The items I bought were sausages, cream cheese danish, and frozen pizza. The reason why I picked up these items also was because I was craving for them. I had absolutely no self control.  Pay attention to what you're buying and are these items I truly need. I didn't need to buy the junk I bought. But I was caught up in the moment and didn't stop to think twice of what I was doing. My mom had to make me pause and think and realize what I had done wrong after I had purchased the items.

Scenarios:

Ah! My friend has the latest phone. The new phone has a new camera, etc.  These features don't necessarily benefit you. The question you should ask is do I really need the new phone?

TV advertisment. Want power and the strength to run in comfort buy this shoe. You will feel comfort at the gym yet feel confidence in how you use our shoe. Ask yourself why do I need those shoes? 

Resolutions:

The question you should ask is do I really need the new phone?

Ask your self the simple questions. Does my phone not work? Why do I need this phone? What am I gaining besides it being new. Lots of times people buy items aimlessly without even realizing that the changes are small. The old phone or device aren't that different from the new one. Stop to think before you purchase and blow your hard earned money on another $500 dollar device.


Ask yourself why do I need those shoes?

Why do I need those shoes in particular? Do I have gym shoes already? Benefits? Ads can be powerful and convincing to make you want to run out and buy that item. That doesn't mean you should since you must be strong enough to confront your self that the product at hand is trying to capture your attention immediately to sell to you. Therefore again in this situation you must be mindful and strong enough to resist your urges by thinking things through. Understanding and knowing that you are a consumer breaks the mysticism of the ad. Therefore you realize the item at hand is trying to be sold to you. No matter what the cost is. A smart consumer is a strong one. Therefore knowing when to say no this is just a shoe I already have other gym shoes. Why should I buy this and gain temporary happiness from it.

Conclusion:

Don't be a slave to items. You are the master of your life, therefore take control of yourself and be the master of the choices you make. You shouldn't buy an item that is so expensive and not have the necessary funds to afford it. Therefore you are bound to the item and therefore you are bound to living just for that item. Don't let items make you their slave. This might be a crazy sounding analogy but I think it's quite true.

The thing is having more and spending more isn't going to gain you happiness. But you will end up hurting your self if you're not careful. Anyone can live a rich life by not having much, but by having what you need and having plenty of funds in the bank, this way you live a comfortable and rich life. Not only that but to remember and indulge into the life and people all around you and experiencing it first hand. I'm not saying don't spend again. I'm saying we have an abundance of wealth already around us. Meaning most of us already have everything we need around us. If we just add more we won't gain anymore from it, than what we already have in our possession. I think experiences can be more rewarding than items itself and yes, I'd be lying if I didn't state that certain items can give us experiences as well. Cherish what you have and treat those items with respect. After all you probably initially as well bought that first phone thinking it was the greatest purchase ever. Therefore you must value all items in your possession. They will last depending on how much care you give to that you already have. Don't blow your money aimlessly, as that money you worked hard for and spent every hour at your job obtaining, be mindful about your spending and don't be a slave to the item if you don't have sufficient funds needed. Know your limits and therefore money doesn't always bring happiness, though it can bring comfort.

Be mindful.

I hope today's words of wisdom assists you with the days to come. Feel free to share your own thoughts and helpful tips for getting through the day. Lets guide one another in this world and share our valuable knowledge.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Emotional pain how it makes us feel numb from the inside out

Emotional pain how it makes us feel numb from the inside out Today I fought a loved one. One of my own blood. I was hurt by the loved ones...

Search This Blog