Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Mastering your craft like a pro starts here!

Master your craft! 

No matter what job you do. The key to success is your field is mastering the art and technique of your craft. This is where discipline and consistency are required to craft your self as a master in your work of art.

This is key to knowing and understand the art of your craft. The more love and care you put into your work goes to shows yourself and others what you can achieve. Everything you do in life is an art form. 

Alot of what I'm saying today comes from my inspiration from Master Jiro Ono. Master Jiro is a master sushi chef who we can all learn alot from. Master Jiro is 85 years old in the documentary which was released in 2011. His restaurant is Sukiyabashi Jiro, located in Ginza, Tokyo. The sushi restaurant is a three star Michelin restaurant which is truly an honorable and recognized achievement. 



This  amazing artful documentary filled with wisdom and elegance is well worth checking out.

There's a quote master Jiro states in his documentary, which made me think of another truly special individual. 

"Even at my age, after decades of work... I don't think I have achieved perfection. But I feel elastic all day."  -Jiro Ono

This reminds me of the famous quote from Bruce Lee.

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -Bruce Lee
I hope today's words of wisdom assists you with the days to come. Feel free to share your own thoughts and helpful tips for getting through the day. Lets guide one another in this world and share our valuable knowledge.
To me this means never be comfortable where ever it is in life you might be. Be flexible in every shape and form. This way you break out of your comfort zone. Always strive for more and break away from the safety nets in life. Either ways there's no telling when those safety nets will be swooped away from your feet, till you come lunging out down.

Jiro shows consistency, discipline and mastery in his years of skill, which has made his craft truly exquisite. The other thing I've noted is the attention to detail. Jiro and his eldest son are the conductors of their restaurant. Each employee is focused on a task at hand. Once the task is mastered after years of training they move on to the next stage. This truly shows how honored each employee is, once they have mastered a skill and the fact that their master states that the task at hand has been mastered is shown to be truly rewarding within ones inner self.

As simplistic as it might seem they are constantly challenging them selves to strive for something even better on the next day. They are consistently working on mastering their craft at hand by improving their skill sets and quality day after day.  They are true perfectionists as some might call.

I encourage you all to watch this film if you haven't. Truly is a must see. Tell me what are some of your favorite quotes. I'd love to hear them.

I hope today's words of wisdom assists you with the days to come. Feel free to share your own thoughts and helpful tips for getting through the day. Lets guide one another in this world and share our valuable knowledge.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Emotional pain how it makes us feel numb from the inside out

Emotional pain how it makes us feel numb from the inside out Today I fought a loved one. One of my own blood. I was hurt by the loved ones...

Search This Blog